- If you haven't been saved then you can hear God's Word preached here and you can have your questions concerning your sin, God's judgment and Salvation answered by those equipped to do so. There's really no better place to come to Jesus in faith than in a good Bible believing / preaching church...although you can be saved anywhere you find yourself willing to be.
- For Believers, God has placed you into His family and he wants you to assemble together so that you can encourage one another to walk by faith and serve God with your lives.
- When we assemble with other Believers we surround ourselves with a support group of other saved sinners who have been or are currently going through the same heartaches and trials you may be going through. Who better to have praying for you than those who know how you're feeling?
- When we assemble with other Believers we find role models of faith who influence and encourage us to serve God faithfully. We also can be taught by those who have a wealth of experience and knowledge of God's Word. Who better to answer your questions and help you grow in the Lord than God's people?
- When we assemble with other Believers we place ourselves among brothers and sisters who will hold us accountable for our behavior...consider that if God were standing over your shoulder, you'd behave the right way ALL of the time...well, of course God is there, but we don't act like it. In the company of Believers we walk uprightly as we should because we see them watching. This helps us to walk uprightly when we aren't in their company as well.
- In the assembly of Believers there are positions of responsibility to be held that give us a tangible opportunity to serve God and others. If you can't even be faithful enough to obey God and assemble with other Believers then how will He ever find you faithful enough to do greater things?
Folks, these are just a few simple thoughts about going to Church (assembling with other believers) and the benefits we receive from obeying this particular commandment of God. However, consider this closing thought: Not only can others become a blessing to you in the Church, but your life can become a blessing unto others as you grow, serve, pray, endure trials, walk by faith, teach and maybe even preach God's word. Isn't it better to live a valuable life than one wasted?